Advertise with us
Today’s seniors are healthier, more active, and wealthier than any previous generation. With most of the same needs as their younger peers, plus the unique needs arising from their age, seniors are perfect for targeted advertising!
It is easy to understand why advertisers are turning their sights away from younger consumers at a time when spending power is progressively more concentrated in the 50+ age group. Households 55-64 have more buying power per person than any other age group. Buying power has migrated from families with children to empty-nest, pre-retiree, and retired households.
Since 2005, the Idaho Senior Independent has successfully served our readers and our advertisers all over Idaho and beyond. Idaho has a proud, independent heritage and a rapidly growing older population. With the baby boom generation just entering its senior years, this trend will continue for many years to come. You can seize this opportunity and take advantage of the undeniable demographic trends of the Senior Market by advertising in the Idaho Senior Independent.
Idaho boasts many interesting and colorful people with stories to tell about their lives and experiences. Every issue of the Idaho Senior Independent shares those stories as well as fond recollections told by folks from every corner of the beautiful Gem State. With a readership approaching 90,000, the Idaho Senior Independent is Idaho’s newspaper for the mature reader of any age that wants a quality reading experience.
Regardless of where you currently advertise or how you generally target your customers, you can put on a welcoming, senior-friendly face in the Idaho Senior Independent. With tailored editorial and advertising content, the Idaho Senior Independent presents Idaho, her people, and her places as they have never been presented before and effectively serves Idaho’s 50+ niche market as no other publication does!
Some Important Characteristics of Seniors
What is the financial condition of the senior population? The average net worth of senior households is almost twice that of the total population and the average net worth for married seniors is almost three times that of the total population.
Why is the senior population exploding?
1. The baby boom generation is just entering its senior years.
2. The death rate for older people has plummeted in the last 30 years (down 29% for men between ages 65-84 since 1982). This is due to generally healthier lifestyles, better medical care, and progress against heart disease and cancer.
3. The birth rate has been in a steady decline.
4. The number of people 65+ will double by 2030.
What do seniors buy?
1. Since 80% of senior households are homeowners, they have most of the same needs as homeowners in general, plus they utilize more services such as yard and landscaping, plumbing, heating and cooling, exterior maintenance, etc.
2. With more time and disposable income, seniors are the biggest purchasers of cruises, luxury travel, and luxury automobiles.
3. Healthcare products and services! To address the inevitable aging process, seniors account for 63% more doctor visits than the general population and therefore incur 50% more out-of-pocket medical expenses.
4. As the wealthiest demographic, those 50+ need financial services to accumulate and preserve the assets necessary for a long and comfortable retirement.
How Do I Advertise?
The Idaho Senior Independent is a commercial, tabloid newspaper, published six times per year (in February, April, June, August, October, and December), that features: articles, advertising, and information of interest to people age 50+.